The DTU Digital Business major is designed to help students adapt to the current workforce environment by building a bridge between business and technology, and combining a knowledge of Information Technology, Traditional Business Administration, Big Data Management and Digital Marketing.
The program integrates IT, the internet, data analytics and digital marketing to serve as a foundation for better multidimensional interaction, more efficient cost reduction and more in-depth data analysis, leading to increased profits and delivering a more valuable and authentic customer experience.
The four-year training program
Digital Business is designed to teach the elements of business management systems, based on the latest technologies. It covers the transformation of traditional businesses into digital services for investment projects, providing a foundation in Management Studies, Sales Force Management, HR Management and Strategic Management, integrated with specialized state-of-the-art techniques, such as Big Data Analytics, Business Data Visualization, E-commerce, E-marketing and Online Sales Management.
- To provide a deeper understanding of the strength and value of digital technology in commercial applications
- To apply interaction analysis to web-sites
- To use sales apps for business analysis and formulate strategies to increase sales and profitability
- To strengthen business trade negotiation skills and persuasion techniques
- To develop practical marketing and online sales skills
- To improve business leadership skills and the ability to work independently and think systematically
- To refine data gathering and analytical abilities
This major is designed to graduate professionals with comprehensive skills in business administration, combined with an in-depth knowledge of big data analytics and e-commerce. They will work as data analysts or in jobs in e-commerce and digital marketing, in dynamic, online environments. They can later be promoted to executive positions, such as Directors of Electronic Sales & e-Commerce or Online Sales Managers.