Vietnam now has its own car manufacturer, VinFast. Car production is increasing rapidly in Vietnam, and an Automotive Engineering Technology degree is more valuable than ever. DTU will open a major in Automotive Engineering Technology in 2020 to satisfy this demand.
The CNC training workshop (above) and the mechanics workshop, with lathes and laser cutters
Course Duration: 4.5 years
The major in Automotive Engineering Technology covers mechanics, automation, electrical engineering and machine manufacturing technology, to support students in the management of spare parts production, assembly and efficiency improvement.
Students accumulate 153 credits, in addition to physical education, national defense & security and soft skills. They learn the principles of material strength, machine principles, machine parts, hydraulic and pneumatic drives and control systems and acquire an in-depth knowledge on specialized subjects, such as the internal combustion engine, automotive calculations, automotive electronic systems, automated automotive control systems, maintenance, car diagnosis and repair, vehicle safety and comfort systems, new fuel and energy sources and technical inspection.
- Identifying, constructing, and solving complex engineering problems through application of technical, scientific, and mathematical principles
- Applying technical design to the creation of solutions that meet specific requirements taking public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors into consideration
- Communication and interaction skills, proficient and effective persuasion skills
- Recognizing professional ethical responsibilities in technical situations and making correct judgments in technical solutions
- Effective teamwork skills, ability to set goals, plan and complete tasks
- Developing and conducting appropriate testing, data analysis and interpretation, as well as using technical assessments and judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquiring and applying more knowledge as needed through appropriate learning strategies
- Engineer carrying out supervision, design, repair, and operation of technical services and car and motor equipment sales at businesses or car warranty offices
- Specialist at technical departments, planning offices, or product development research departments at car manufacturers
- Specialist at research institutes or lecturer at educational institutions offering training in automotive engineering
- Sales staff at car or parts dealerships.
- Car registration inspector at companies such as Truong Hai Auto, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, VinFast, Hyundai, Suzuki and Mazda.