Finance and Banking relates to financial, circulation and currency operations. This major teaches the operations of specialized areas of the industry, such as credit, international payments, banking accounting, financial transactions, investments, securities and insurance, to prepare students for future self-study and postgraduate programs. It also teaches a practical understanding of management science in business and banking, capital planning, risk management and HR management. Graduates will be able to work in an international business environment, with foreign partners if necessary.
This major is the result of a partnership with Pennsylvania State University, one of the five leading universities in Economics and Business Administration in the US. It offers international-standard education here in Vietnam using the latest information and teaching methods in Business Administration, Accounting and Hospitality. Courses are taught by expert lecturers in a professional environment and students can also improve their English, debating skills and critical thinking skills, which overseas students are already familiar with.
Students will obtain from 18 to 24 course-completion certificates with international recognition. They can continue studying for a degree from PSU if their English level meets requirements, and they can continue with postgraduate studies at US universities or in other countries worldwide. The program is considered to have lower tuition fees than equivalent advanced programs at other universities in Vietnam. Graduates of this program can enter the regional and international labor market.
Students will be able to:
- Perform specialized banking operations, in transactions, credit rating, payments, accounting, investments, financial analysis, consulting, securities, and insurance and formulate plans for raising capital.
- Proficiently use office software and other specialized software.
- Become experts in teamwork, communications, research, data analysis and job-hunting.
Graduates will work as:
- Managers or Deputy Managers in Administration
- Heads of customer development and corporate client departments
- Heads of Corporate Client rating departments
- Managers or Deputy Managers of Personal Clients departments
- Head of Personal Clients rating department
- Manager or Deputy Managers of Reappraisal departments
- Rating expert, Corporate Clients department
- Rating experts in Personal Clients departments
- Credit support specialists
- Manager or Deputy Manager of Transaction departments